The COVID-19 virus has been found in saliva, respiratory fluids, urine and feces. More research is currently needed to determine if the virus can be transmitted sexually via semen, vaginal fluid and anal mucus.
General Recommendations therefore include:
1. Wash hands regularly with plain soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol- based hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol content. Antibacterial soap is NOT required.
2. Cough into your elbow or cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue when you sneeze. Immediately dispose of all used tissues in an appropriate waste bin and wash your hands right away.
3. Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
4. Do not share food, drinks, unwashed utensils, cigarettes, vaping devices, joints, or bongs.
5. If facilities are available, encourage clients to shower.
6. Use condoms, dental dams, gloves and masks.
7. Avoid in-person sex work; kissing, saliva exchange; mouth contact on skin; putting objects in your mouth (including your fingers) that have touched the client.
8. Try instead web-based, phone-based, or text-based services; erotic massage; strip-tease; positions that minimize face-to-face contact
9. After a Date wash and dry sheets and towels in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the warmest possible water settings. Dry all items thoroughly.
10. Update yourself on the evolving science around COVID 19.